Jobs & Career
Join Africa’s digital revolution
Work with a team that is re-imagining a better future through digital solutions.
Job Title: System Administrator
Department: IT Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to: (Title) IT Supervisor / Hosted Platforms
Purpose Statement: (The overall purpose of the role described in one sentence) To offer IT support services covering IT infrastructures and provides Server support services, and administer network security systems. The role also includes support services for other infrastructural platforms as stipulated by the IT Manager.
Principal Accountabilities/Objectives: (List the main objectives of the job to be achieved)
- Providing high level management and deployment support services on large server systems including Cisco UCS systems.
- Maintaining the Cloud infrastructure including the Group deployments and assisting with security analysis of the cloud infrastructure.
- Providing required IT-support which include but not limited to Windows Operating Systems and Server Applications.
- Troubleshooting and resolving of network problems.
- Maintain the IT network including servers, switches and all other IT-network related equipment.
- On-call and after hours support.
- Providing DevOps services including in-house application development and maintenance and also Group projects.
- Provide 2nd level support for all business applications and other applications used in the company.
- Ensuring that the network security systems such as the Datacenter Security Suite and a host of other systems are functioning optimally.
- Research and certify the operation and compatibility of hot fixes (patches), new versions of vendor provided applications and appliances, across a variety of hardware and software platforms.
- Provides administrative support services for the enterprise VoIP services.
- Manage the security deployments across the network.
Communications and Work Relationships: (List primary working relationships of the job)
Internal: The role will involve interfacing and communication with all stakeholders on a regular basis. This will include interfacing with Core IP and Installs teams as needed.
External: The role will also involve communications with group IT entities and there is a need for good analytical skills.
Other Business Units: All Department.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competency requirements: (List requirements for job to be performed at fully competent level. In EU avoid age or time specific requirements)
Education, qualifications and special training:
BSc / HND Computer Science / Engineering
BSc / HND Electrical / Electronics Engr.
MCSE / MCP / CCNA / CCNP / AWS Cert / GCP Cert / Azure Cert etc
System & Network Administration
Mac Apple Server / System administration and support
WiFi implementation and support
Entry Closes on April 9, 2021
Are you seeking a rewarding career with one of the most innovative companies in the African telecommunications industry? Are you ready to make a difference in the way people work, live, play, and learn?
inq. is a vibrant place to work and we offer great career paths for motivated and skilled individuals with specific experience in the following fields:
Account Management and Customer Support
Engineering, Networking and Project Management
Finance, Billing and Legal
Marketing and Product Management
As a candidate, you will need to demonstrate your experience, qualifications and a passion for telecommunications. We also look for people who share our positive and progressive approach to work.
inq. is an international company with its head office based in Mauritius and operations in the 6 other African countries, including Nigeria, Tanzania and Cameroon. We have customers in different African countries, so some travel may be required.
Please email your CV to email@example.com and tell us why your talents are a good match for our opportunities.
We are learning organization and attract curious people who want to grow, excel and contribute to mutual success.
We are a place for ambitious, enterprising and diligent people who strive to be and help us to be best in the field.
We work with people who want to shape the future to create solution that make a lasting impact on enterprises and individuals.